Saturday, March 8, 2014

Coming soon

Looking back here a bit, I would have to say that my absolute favorite entry is the one on Bobby Aguirre. He will always be one of the greatest ever to run prep XC in El Paso history, without argument. I also enjoy popping in with entries on my alma mater Eastwood as they returned to a distance program to be reckoned with. I have decided for a bit to focus on these type of entries. I want to bring some more EP Track/XC history to light and explore some more of the past greats.
I will still continue to go to big meets out here and chime in on them. I've been very fortunate to see so many top runners compete in person. Many, like Lukas Verzbicas, Mary Cain and Alexa Efraimson I've been able to see on their way up. But, the reality is there is no shortage of coverage on their accomplishments.
Coming soon, I will have an entry/interview with one of El Paso's best. 2 time State Champion in 1973/74 in both XC and the Mile, Ruben Dominguez of El Paso Austin. I will expand out from there.


No comments: